Integrative thinking is characteristic for our owner-managed family business. We lead the charge for every step in the supply chain, from the purchasing of calves via their rearing through to the ready-to-cook product. Permanent controls in each of these steps enable us to guarantee the assurance of quality and source. By means of this concept, we can ensure for retailers and by association for consumers:
- Quality because of a guaranteed ecosensitive and humane production standard.
- Safety because of permanent controls from our farmers to our customers
- Transparency because of a replicable assurance of source.
Five Decades of Quality
- 1965 Josef Brüninghoff registers his own business at the age of 19: "Acquiring and selling of domestic cattle" is written in his old trade certificate.
- 1972 Laying the foundation for our quality assurance during the rearing: First own calves stable is build.
- 1975 The first farmers cooperate with us and commit themselves to work to our high quality specifications.
- 1978 Substantial expansion of our own stables.
- 1982 Completion of the EG-slaughterhouse in Bocholt, Brüninghoff made significant contributions.
- 1990 Acquisition of the slaughterhouse by Josef Brüninghoff from the operating cooperative.
- 1998 Extension of a new EG-deboning site with powerful and ultra-modern manufacturing facilities
- 2003 Renewal of the slaughtering line for calves and heavy livestock.
- 2009 Completion of a combined heat and power unit for sustainable energy generation
- 2010 Completion of a new, ultra-modern deboning and trimming line.
- 2013 Settling the succession of the company: Beside Josef Brüninghoff, his sons Tobias Brüninghoff and Jan Roggenkamp are shareholders and managing directors.